Everyone knows that the iPhone serial number is not something that is required always, but whenever you require it you may need it on the spot. For instance, it can be needed whenever you are planning to send your iPhone for repair.
Luckily, there are many ways of getting to know about your iPhone’s serial number.
Here’s the ways of finding iPhone serial number.
The method of looking up the serial number on iPhone
- Firstly, click on the Settings application for opening it.
- Then, click on General.
- After that, click on About.
- Then, copy this serial number by doing a long press on it.
- After that, click on Copy in the menu.
Remember! On some of the devices, the serial number is written. Generally, it is written on the SIM tray or else at the backside of the device.
The method of searching the iPhone serial number in iTunes
- Firstly, you should connect the device to a desktop or laptop that has iTunes. It should be connected to iTunes by using Wi-Fi or USB.
- Then, go to iTunes in case it fails to open by itself.
- After that, press the iPhone symbol. It will be present towards the left side at the corner, immediately below the playback controls.
- You will get the serial number section by having a look at the box of iPhone management screen, immediately below the iPhone model number.
The method of searching Serial Number in iPhone Backup
- Firstly, go to iTunes.
- Then, visit the Preferences window.
For Mac users, this can be done by following the given below instructions.
- Firstly, go to iTunes.
- Then, click on Preferences.
For Windows users, this can be done by following the given below instructions.
- Firstly, click on Edit.
- Then, press on Preferences.
4. After that, press on Devices. It will be in the Preferences window.
5.Look that, there is Device backups part. You may find the serial number of your iPhone over there, but don’t click on it.
6.After a few seconds, windows shall get displayed with all information with the serial number as well in it.
The method of searching iPhone serial over the net
- Firstly, go to the website of Apple ID by visiting appleid.apple.com.
- Then, log in by using the same Apple account that you prefer using on the iPhone for which you wish to know the serial number.
- After that, move to the Devices part and search the device you want.
Lastly, press device option and a prompt shall get displayed, indicating the serial number.
Marry James is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.