In the US, Kindle customers can hire books from more than “11000 libraries”. Owners can even grant a copy of the books. Go through the process given here to borrow a Kindle book.
Some of the prerequisites tips:
- Amazon will tell both recipient and the borrower through the email three days before the loan gets expired.
- One needs a “library card” for the department of the library that you want to borrow from.
- Try to sign up at a local branch as it will be the proof of your residency.
- Some of the eligible members of Amazon can borrow chosen titles that aren’t readily available.
- If searching for a particular book in library eBook then enclose title in quotations in the search bar.
- Users will get the proper match without even browsing now.
- You have a Kindle book that you need to lend then check out if it is feasible for lending.
- Go to the Manage your Kindle site.
- Users will see Loan this book option if lending is available.
- Tap on that particular button and write the name of the recipient with their email address.
- Many sites are there that offer free eBooks — for example- The Internet Archive and Gutenberg.
- Owners of Kindle could borrow the books from a site named as Lendle.
- Some of the books are published differently so you can face some difficulty in finding out the books.
- Just give Kindle books on rent to save your money. maximum of the books may be lent for a month.
Follow the below given process then:
- Launch the OverDrive website and find out if the local library branch can lend Kindle books.
Users need to have a library card for borrowing any book.
- Tap on Library Search.
- Write the library’s name and the postal code or the city.
- If the library has electronic resources, then it will show on the drop-down list of menu.
- Open the library’s website
- Now sign into your account
Write your name and number of the library.
- Look for the eBooks
- Each site of the library is different.
- Look around to find out the link.
- Some sites are calling this area as downloadable book/eBooks or digital media.
- Browse the selection
Just type in Book’s title if you are aware of the search.
- Tap on the title that you have to borrow.
- Follow instructions of the website to check the eBooks out.
- Users will get two options for getting a book on Kindle or through any other device.
- Select Get for Kindle when you need the book that is sent to Kindle.
- It will redirect the user to the “public library” loan page.
- Select the device or the app from the delivery to the menu and select Get library book for sending the book to the device.
Marry James is a Microsoft Office expert and her been working in the technical industry from last 10 year. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as www.office.com/setup.